Effect of Ni Ions Irradiation on GaAs pHEMT Materials and Devices
GaAs/AlGaAs heterostructure based pHEMT material and fabricated pHEMT devices characteristics were studied with Ni ions irradiation at different fluences. The structural, electrical and optical characteristics were compared before and after irradiation. The structural property of the material was found unchanged while optical and electrical deterioration was observed for used fluences.
KeywordspHEMT Radiation reliability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. Sonia, E. Richter, F. Brunner, A. Denker, R. Lossy, F. Lenk, J. Opitz-Coutureau, M. Mai, J. Schmidt, U. Zeimer, L.Wang, K. Baskar, Weyers, J.Wurfl and G. Trankle, Semcond.Sci.Technol. 22, 1220(2007).Google Scholar
- 2.Kayali, S., Ponchak, G., and Shaw, R., GaAs MMIC Reliability Assurance Guideline for Space Applications, JPL Publication 96-25.Google Scholar
- 3.D.C.Tsui, A.C. Gossard, G.J. Dolan, Appl. Phys. Lett. 42(1983) 180R. Zuleeg, “Radiation effects in GaAs ICs,” in VLSI Electronics: Microstructure Science, N. G. Einspruch, Ed. New York: Academic, 1985, ch. 8.Google Scholar
- 7.T.Fink, D.D.Smith, W.D. Braddock, SPIE 1185 (1989) 278.Google Scholar
- 8.Y.S. Wu, Y.Huang, Y.K.Li, Z.X. Yang, J.M.Zhou, J.Appl. Phys. 63 (1988) 2154.Google Scholar
- 9.J.J hou, W.Jin, J.Mao, Y.Huang, J.Crystal Growth 111 (1991) 288.Google Scholar
- 11.T. R.Weatherford, “Radiation effects in high speed III–V integrated circuits,” Int. J. High Speed Electronic Syst., vol. 13, no. 1, Mar. 2003.Google Scholar