Effect of Junction Temperature on the Microwave Properties of IMPATT Diodes
The microwave characteristics, with respect to two different operating junction temperatures, are simulated for the IMPATT diodes based on Si, GaAs and 4H-SiC semiconductor material. With the rise in junction temperature, a general trend of decrease in device efficiency and increase in device negative conductance are observed for all the diodes under consideration. It is also interesting to note that noise measure reduces significantly with rise in junction temperature.
KeywordsIMPATT Microwave Junction temperature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.A.K. Panda, D. Pavlidis and A. Alekseev, IEEE Trans ED, 48(4), pp 820-823 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.A.K. Panda, D. Pavlidis and A. Alekseev, IEEE Trans ED, 48(7), pp 1473-1475 (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.S.R. Pattanaik, J.K. Mishra and G.N. Dash, International Journal of Material Science (ISSN 0973-4589), 5(5), pp. 769-775 (2010)Google Scholar
- 9.S.R. Pattanaik and G.N. Dash, International Workshop on Physics of Semiconductor Devices, JMI, New Delhi - Paper ID 479, Dec 15-19, 2009Google Scholar
- 10.J Pradhan, S. K. Swain, S. R. Pattanaik, and G N Dash, Journal of Applied Physics (IOSR-JAP) ISSN: 2278-4861. Volume 2, Issue 1, PP 24-29, (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.J Pradhan, S. K. Swain, S. R. Pattanaik, and G N Dash, Asian Journal of Physics Vol. 21, No 2, pp.175-1778. (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.S. R. Pattanaik, J Pradhan, S. K. Swain, P. Panda and G N Dash, Proc. SPIE 8549, 16th International Workshop on Physics of Semiconductor Devices, 85490B (October 15, 2012)Google Scholar
- 13.Electronic archive: New Semiconductor Materials, Characteristics and Properties [online], Available: http://www.ioffe.ru/SVA/NSM/Semicond/SiC/