Modeling Current Voltage Characteristics of MWIR HgCdTe Diodes at High Reverse Bias Voltage
In this paper we model the current voltage (I–V) characteristics of Hg1 − xCdxTe (x = 0.3) diodes at high reverse bias voltage. The breakdown characteristics are indicative of n+/n−/p kind of doping profile. Various current limiting mechanisms affecting the soft breakdown characteristics of Hg1 − xCdxTe diodes have been identified. We also found that the existing models do not accurately fit the I–V curves above a certain reverse bias voltage, which led us to investigate possible additional dark current mechanisms responsible for this kind of behavior. Thus, a new current limiting model is also proposed in this paper.
KeywordsHg1 − xCdxTe Tunneling Soft breakdown
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Schenk, M.Stahl, H-J-Wunsche, J. Crystal Growth, 101, 350, (1990).Google Scholar
- 2.V.Ananthram, K.N. Bhat, IEEE Trans on Electron Dev, Vol. 27, No.5, 939, (1980).Google Scholar
- 3.Angelo Scotty Gilmore, James Bang and Amanda Gerrish, J. Electron. Mat., Vol. 34, No.6, 913, (2005).Google Scholar
- 5.S.Velicu, R. Ashokan, S.Sivanathan, J. Electron. Mater., Vol.29, No.6, 823, (2000).Google Scholar
- 6.C. T. Elliott, N. T. Gordon, R. S. Hall, G. Crimes, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. A 8, 1251, (1990).Google Scholar
- 7.G.Perrais, O. Gravrand, J. Baylet, G. Destefanis, J. Rothman, J. Electron. Mater.,Vol.36, No.8, 963, 2007.Google Scholar