Transport of Nitrogen Atoms During the Liquid Phase Epitaxial Growth of InGaAsN
A mathematical model has been used to study the concentration profile of the nitrogen atoms during the liquid phase epitaxial growth of InGaAsN. This model is based on the one dimensional diffusive transport of the nitrogen atoms at equally spaced layers in the proximity of the grown epitaxial interface. Various growth parameters such as growth temperature, melt supercooling and the continuous cooling ramp applied during growth have been optimized to find out the suitable conditions of growth. We have also estimated the thickness of the epitaxial layers as a function of time.
KeywordsLPE Supercooling Cooling rate InGaAsN
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors are thankful to Mr. S. C. Das for some assistance in the work. The work was supported by the ‘University with Potential for Excellence’ scheme of the University of Calcutta.
- 1.A.Krier, Mid-Infrared Semiconductor Optoelectronics (London: Springer) ISBN 1-84628-208-X (2006).Google Scholar
- 3.M.B.Small and J.F. Barnes, J. Cryst. Growth, 5, 9 (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.I.Crossley and M.B.Small, J. Cryst. Growth, 11, 157(1971).Google Scholar
- 5.K.Jeganathan, S.Saravanan and K.Baskar, Mater. Chem.Phys.,49, 141(1997).Google Scholar
- 6.H.S.Carslaw and J.C.Jaeger,Conduction of Heat in Solids (Oxford: Oxford University Press) p 468 (1959).Google Scholar
- 7.Wilke C R and Chang P 1955 A.I.Ch.E Journal. 1 264Google Scholar
- 9.P.Santhana Raghavan and R.Dhanasekaran, Mater. Sci. Eng. B, 22, 227(1994).Google Scholar
- 10.M.G.Astles, Liquid Phase Epitaxial Growth of III-V Compound Semiconductor Materials and their Device Applications (Bristol: Hilger) p 73 (1990)Google Scholar
- 11.Alchagirov B B, Mozgovoi A G, and Khatsukov A M 2004 High Temperature. 42 1003Google Scholar
- 12.K.Jeganathan, S.Saravanan, K.Baskar and J.Kumar,Mater. Chem. Phys., 49, 141–45 (1997).Google Scholar