Single Crystalline Films of Zinc Oxide for Nanorod Applications
Zinc oxide (ZnO) thin films were deposited by sol–gel spin coating method on to the glass substrate. Effect of post annealing temperature on structural and optical properties has been investigated. The films were characterized by X-Ray diffraction (XRD) and spectrophotometer. Nanocrystalline films having grain size of 90.89 nm has been deduced from X-ray diffraction studies. The single crystalline nature of the films has been confirmed by single mighty peak obtained for (101) orientation. All the films exhibit good transparency more than 90 % in the visible region and average transmittance was found to be decreased with an increase in annealing temperature. The thickness of the films was found to be varying with different post annealing temperature. The post annealing temperature of 300 °C was found to be optimum with reference to the quality and physical parameters of ZnO. Results obtained show the potential applicability of ZnO for nano-rods.
KeywordsNanorod Single crystalline ZnO Spin coating
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was supported by University Grants Commission, New Delhi, India through major research project 39-551/2010(SR). Authors (CK and US) would like to thank University Grant Commission, New Delhi, India for providing financial assistance to carry out this work through UGC-BSR Research Fellowship Scheme.
- 1.M.H.Huang, S. Mao, H.Feick, H.Yan, Y. Wu, H. kind, E.Weber, R.Russo, P. Yang, Science 292 (2001) 1897-1899Google Scholar
- 2.Yun Geng Zhang, Guang Biao Zhang, and Yuan Xu Wang, J. App. Phys. 109 (2011) 063510Google Scholar
- 4.Sanchez-Juarez A, Tiburcio-Silver A. Ortiz A. Sol Energy Mater. Sol. Cells, 52 (1998) 301Google Scholar
- 5.A.Y.Polyakov,N.B.Smirnov,S.J.Pearton,J.Appl.Phys. 103 (2008) 083704Google Scholar
- 8.Yidong Zhang, wenjiun Fa, Fengling Yang, Zhi Zheng, Pingyu Zhang, Ionics, 16 (2010) 815-820Google Scholar
- 9.B.K.Sonawane, M.P.Bhole and D.S.Patil, Materials sci. in Semiconductor processing, 12 (2009) 212-216Google Scholar