Gold Catalyzed Plasma Assisted Growth of Germanium Nanoneedles
A systematic study of Gold catalyzed growth of Ge nanoneedles by PECVD at low temperatures (<400 °C) is presented. Morphology, growth rate and aspect ratio of the needles are studied as a function of power, gas flow rate and chamber pressure. Nanoneedles were grown at pre-defined positions with catalytic particles obtained by e-Beam Lithography and lift off. This opens up the possibility of using Ge Nano needles in photovoltaic, nanoelectronics and nanosensor device applications.
KeywordsGermanium nanoneedles PECVD Dewetting
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
We acknowledge MCIT for funding support. The authors also acknowledge Varadharaja Perumal, Pradeep and Adithi U for EDX, Raman, XRD measurements.
- 1.Chueh, Yu-Lun, et al. Nano letters 10.2 (2009): 520-523.Google Scholar
- 2.Obataya, Ikuo, et al. Biosensors and Bioelectronics 20.8 (2005): 1652-1655.Fan, Zhiyong, et al. Nano letters 10.10 (2010): 3823-3827.Google Scholar
- 5.S.Kodambaka et al. Science 316,729 (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Habib Hamidinezhad, et al Appl Phys A (2012) 108:739–744Google Scholar
- 10.Habib Hamidinezhad et al Plasmonics (2011) 6:791–796Google Scholar