Synthesis and Characterization of Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles for Ethanol Detection
Pure phase, zinc oxide (ZnO) nanoparticles were synthesized at lower temperature by microwave assisted auto combustion synthesis method. As-synthesized particles had sizes ~50 nm with spherical shape. Gas responses of the nanocrystalline ZnO film were measured by exposing the film to ethanol gas vapors. It was found that the sensors exhibited various sensing responses to ethanol gas at different operating temperature. The lower limit of detection was observed to be at 170 °C for 200 ppm ethanol.
KeywordsMicrowave Band gap and sensitivity
- 1.A. B. Gadkari, T.J. Shinde and P. N. Vasambekar, IEEE Sens. J. 11, 849 (2011) .Google Scholar
- 2.Y. Jiang, W. Song, C. Xie, A. Wang and D. Zeng, M. Hu, Mater. Lett. 60, 1374 (2006).Google Scholar
- 3.N. S Chen, X. J. Yang, E. S. Liu and J. L. Huang, Sens. Actuators B: Chem. 66, 178 (2000).Google Scholar
- 4.M. S. Wagh, G.. H. Jain, D. R.Patil, S. A. Patil and L. A. Patil, Sens. Actuators B, 115, 128 (2006).Google Scholar
- 5.C. Ghanshyam, S. Bagchi and P. Kapur, J. Electrostat. 71, 68 (2013).Google Scholar