Phonon-limited Diffusion Thermopower in Graphene
Phonon-limited diffusion thermopower, S d , of graphene is studied, for 10 < T < 300 K taking into account the influence of substrate. The electrons are assumed to be scattered by the acoustic phonons (APs), optical phonons as well as the surface optical phonons (SOPs). The first order perturbation distribution function ϕ(E), as a function of carrier energy E, is computed by directly solving the linearized Boltzmann equation using the iteration technique. Numerical calculations of energy dependence of ϕ(E), bring out the characteristics of phonon scattering mechanisms. Determined mainly by APs at low temperatures and then by SOPs, S d for SiO2 substrate is found to increase with T reaching a room temperature value of ~30 μV/K.
KeywordsSingle layer graphene Iteration Diffusion thermopower
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work is supported by UGC, India. RBK is grateful to UGC for the award of RFSMS.
- 2.R. S. Shishir et al, J. Comput. Electron.8, 43 (2009).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Fratini and F. Guinea, Phys. Rev. B., 77, 195415 (2008).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Konar, T. Fang and D. Jena, Phys. Rev. B., 82, 115452 (2010).Google Scholar
- 8.S. Das Sarma et al, Rev. Mod. Phys., 81, 407 (2011).Google Scholar
- 9.B. L. Gallagher and P. N. Butcher, in Handbook on Semiconductors, edited by P. T. Landsbergs (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1992) Vol. 1 p. 817.Google Scholar