Structural and Elastic Properties of Cd1−xNixFe2O4 Ferrites
The structural and elastic properties of nickel substituted cadmium ferrites have been synthesized by solid state reaction method. The XRD pattern and FTIR spectral analysis confirms the formation of single phase cubic spinel structure of ferrite phase without any additional peaks. The linear variation of lattice parameter with nickel content it confirms the Vegard’s law. The structural parameters can be estimated through X-ray diffraction analysis. The estimated cation distribution of ferrite has been verified by comparing the observed and theoretical lattice parameters. The elastic parameters of ferrites such as longitudinal modulus, rigidity modulus, young’s modulus, bulk modulus and Debye temperatures were estimated through FTIR technique. The compositional dependence of structural and elastic properties of Cd-Ni ferrites has been reported in this article.
KeywordsXRD FTIR Elastic properties
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Author PBB thank to CSIR, New Delhi, for awarding Senior Research Fellowship.
- 1.A.S Waingankar, S.G. Kulkarni and M.S. Sagre, J. Phys., IV, 155 (1997).Google Scholar
- 2.O.H. Kwon, Y. Fukushima, M. Sugimoto and N. Hiratsuka, J. Phys., IV, 165 (1997).Google Scholar
- 3.H. Igarashi and M. Okazaki, J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 60(1-2), 51 (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Menakshisundaram, N. Gunasekaran and V. Srinivasan, Phys. Stat. Solidi (a), 69, K15 (1982).Google Scholar
- 5.D. Ravinder and T.A. Mang, J. Mater. Lett. 41, 254 (1999).Google Scholar
- 6.K.B. Modi, J. Mater. Sci., 39, 2887 (2004).Google Scholar
- 7.K.B. Modi, M.K. Rangolia, M.C. Chhantbar and H.H. Joshi, J. Mat. Sci., 41, 7308 (2006).Google Scholar
- 8.P.B. Belavi, G. N. Chavan, L.R. Naik, R. Somashekar and R.K. Kotnala, Mater. Chem. Phys., 132, 138 (2012).Google Scholar
- 9.R.L. Dhiman, S. P. Taneja and V. R. Reddy, Adv. Condens. Mat. Phys., 703479, 7 (2008).Google Scholar
- 10.R.D. Waldron, Phys Rev 99, 1727 (1955).Google Scholar
- 11.R.D. Ravinder and T. A. Mang TA, J. Mate.r Lett. 41, 254 (1999).Google Scholar