Grafting of Ag Nanoparticles on GO Nano Sheets for Water Purification
In the present work we report a simple and effective method for the purification of water. The grafting of metallic Ag was done over hydrophilic nature of GO sheets. The morphology and crystallinity of the nanocomposite were studied using SEM and X-Ray Diffractometer. The metal-GO sheet exhibits excellent water treatment performance could be helpful in purifying water especially the control of bacteria and Total Dissolved Solid (TDS).
KeywordsWater purification Graphine oxide Graphene oxide-silver nanocomposite
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Authors would like to acknowledge Dr. R.P. Singh, Dr. Lalit Bharadwaj and Dr.Richa Krishna Amity Institute of Nanotechnology, Amity University and Mr. Shiv Chaudhary, Scientist, AIARS, Amity University for their continuous motivation, guidance and support.
- 1.Nora Savage et al., Journal of Nanoparticle Research (2005) : 331-342, Springer 2005.Google Scholar
- 2.Ratan Das et al., Journal of Biomaterials and Nanobiotechnology, 2011, , 472-475, Scientific Research.Google Scholar
- 4.Daniel R. Dreyer et al., Critical Review, Chemical Society Reviews.Google Scholar
- 5.Shouwei Zhang et al., Dalton Trans., 2013, , 7854, Dalton Transactions, RSC Publishing.Google Scholar
- 6.Daniela C. Marcano et al., 2010 American Chemical Society, Vol. 4, ACS Nano.Google Scholar
- 7.Hui Zhang et. al., 2011 American Chemical Society, Environmental Science and Technology.Google Scholar