Study on Temperature Dependence Scattering Mechanisms and Mobility Effects in GaN and GaAs HEMTs
GaN and GaAs materials are the preferred materials of choice of worldwide researchers for High Electron Mobility Transistor (HEMT) due to suitable material properties. In this paper temperature dependence scattering effects are discussed. The degradation of mobility from different scattering mechanisms and its effect on drain current is also shown. The total mobility in bulk GaN and GaAs semiconductors are compared. The variations in electronic concentration with temperature are also presented in these types of HEMTs. The mobility degradation and its effect on drain current are also portrayed for AlGaAs/AlGaN HEMT’s.
Keywords2DEG GaN GaAs Mobility and scattering
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Liu Bo et al, J. Semicond.34, 044006, (2012).Google Scholar
- 2.M. S. Shur, Plenum Publishing Corporation, New York (1987)Google Scholar
- 3.Jan Kuzmik and Alexandrox Georgakilas, IEEE Trans on Electron Devices, 58, 720, (2011).Google Scholar
- 4.Donald A Neamen, McGraw Hill, 4thEdn.,New York (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Erhard Kohn and FaridMedjdoub, IEEE Explore, 978-1-4244-1728-5/07(2007).Google Scholar
- 6.Clemens Ostermaier et al, IEEE Electron Device Letters, 30, 1030 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Silvaco ATLAS User’s manual Volume 1and 2.Google Scholar
- 9.Guohao Yu, Yong Cai, Yue Wang, IEEE Electron Device Letters, 34, 6 (2013).Google Scholar