Studies on Nanostructured V2O5 Deposited by Reactive DC Magnetron Sputtering
Nanostructured V2O5 thin films were deposited on to cleaned Si (100) substrates using reactive DC magnetron sputtering technique at various substrate temperatures (Ts). The grain sizes of the films were around 140–210 nm. The field emission-scanning electron micrographs showed nanosheet like structure grown perpendicular to substrate. The optical bandgap energy of the films increased with increase in Ts. The films deposited at 100 °C exhibited a temperature coefficient of resistance (TCR) value of −2.5 %/ °C.
KeywordsV2O5 Sputtering Nanosheets TCR
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
PDR and MS thank Authors thank Defense Research and Development Organisation, Govt. of India for the financial support and SASTRA university for providing the infrastructural facilities.
- 2.R.T. Rajendra Kumar, B. Karunagaran, D. Mangalaraj, Sa.K. Narayandass, P. Manoravi, M. Joseph, Vishnu Gopal, R.K. Madaria, J.P. Singh, Material Research Bulletin, 38, 1235 (2003).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Subramanyam, Y. Bharat Kumar Reddy, C.L. Nagendra, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 41, 195 (2008).Google Scholar
- 4.M.A. Kaid, Egypt. J. Solids, 29, 273 (2006).Google Scholar
- 5.C.W. Park, Sung Moon, H.B. Chung, Journal of Korean Physical Society, 39, S138 (2001).Google Scholar
- 8.L.Maissel and R. Glang, Handbook of Thin Film Technology, (Mcgraw – Hill, Chapter – 10,1970).Google Scholar
- 9.Bum Rae Cho, In Yong Park, Journal of Korean Physical Society, 53, 19 (2008).Google Scholar
- 10.Richa Srivastava, Int. J. Pure Appl. Sci. Technol., 14, 9 (2013).Google Scholar