Optically-Switched Wide-Bandgap Power Semiconductor Devices and Device-Transition Control
In this paper, a top-level outline on the work related to optically-switched power semiconductor devices that have been carried out at the University of Illinois, Chicago (UIC) or those in which UIC has been involved has been outlined. In addition, an outline on optical control that affects the switching dynamics of the power semiconductor devices is provided.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.S.K. Mazumder, T. Sarkar, and S.N. Bose, “Photonic modulation of SiC based power semiconductor device switching dynamics using optically triggered power transistor”, Plenary Paper, Int. Workshop on the Physics of Semiconductor Devices, 2009.Google Scholar
- 3.R. Singh et al., “Large area, > 8 kV SiC GTO thyristors with innovative gate-anode designs”, ICSCRM, 2009.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Meyer, A. Mojab, and S.K. Mazumder, “Evaluation of first 10-kV optical ETO thyristor operating without any low-voltage control bias”, IEEE International Symposium on Power Electronics for Distributed Generation Systems, 2013.Google Scholar
- 5.Q. Zhang, A. Agarwal, C. Capell, L. Cheng, M. O’Loughlin, A. Burk, J. Palmour, V. Temple, A. Ogunniyi, H. O’Brien, and C.J. Scozzie, “SiC super GTO thyristor technology development: Present status and future perspective,” Pulsed Power Conference (PPC), pp. 1530-1535, Jun. 2011.Google Scholar
- 6.S.K. Mazumder, “Photonically activated single bias fast switching integrated thyristor,” U.S. Patent Appl. No. 13/281,207, filed in Oct. 2011.Google Scholar
- 7.A. Meyer; S. K. Mazumder; H. Riazmontazer, “Optical control of 1200-V and 20-A SiC MOSFET,” Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), 2012 Twenty-Seventh Annual IEEE, vol., no., pp.2530, 2533, 5-9 Feb. 2012.Google Scholar
- 8.H. Riazmontazer; S. K. Mazumder, “Dynamic optical turn-off control of a high-voltage SiC MOSFET,” Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), 2013 Twenty-Eighth Annual IEEE, vol., no., pp.1274, 1278, 17-21 March 2013.Google Scholar