Ag–ZnO Nanocomposite for Multi Gas Sensing Applications
Nanocomposites of Ag/ZnOnanorodswere prepared by a simple sonochemical method. The morphology and crystallinity of the nanocomposite were studied using SEM, AFM and X-Ray Diffractometer. XRD analysis shows a good crystalline property of both Ag nanoparticles and ZnO nanorods. Scanning electron microscopy (SEM) images of the Ag/ZnO films revealed the uniform distribution of Ag nanoparticles on ZnO nanorods. The effect of Ag on gas sensing properties was investigated. It was found that composite film provides good response to low concentrations of gases and shows excellent selectivity in the presence of interfering gases like NH3 and NO2 at room temperature.
KeywordsSonochemical Nanocomposite Diffractometer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Authors would like to acknowledge Dr. R. P. Singh, Dr. Lalit Bharadwaj and Dr. Richa Krishna Amity Institute of Nanotechnology, Amity University and Mr. Shiv Chaudhary, Scientist, AIARS, Amity University for their continuous motivation, guidance and support.
- 1.Oh E, Choi H-Y, Jung S-H, Cho S, Kim J C, Lee K-H, Kang S-W, Kim J, Yun J Y and Jeong S-H 2009 Sensors Actuators B 141 239.Google Scholar
- 3.Hongsith N, Viriyaworasakul C, Mangkorntong P, Mangkorntong N and Choopun S 2008 Ceram. Int. 34 823–6.Google Scholar
- 5.Yao W, Huang C, Muradov N, T-Raissiº. Int J Hydrogen Energy 2011,36:4710Google Scholar
- 6.Borras, A.; Barranco, A.; Gonzalez-Elipe, A. R. (2008). LangmuirVol.24, June 2008, pp. 8021-8026, ISSN: 1520-5827.Google Scholar
- 10.Quentin Simon1, Davide Barreca2, Alberto Gasparotto1, Chiara Maccato1, Eugenio Tondello1, Cinzia Sada3, ElisabettaComini4, Anjana Devi, Quentin Simon et al 2012 Nanotechnology 23 .Google Scholar
- 11.Ahman MM, Jamal A, Khan SB, Faisal M, Asiri AM, Alamry KA, Al-Youbi AO Int J ElectrochemSci 2013.8: 323 – 335.Google Scholar
- 12.George F Five, Leon M Chanagh, Ayo A Fonja, Sensors (10)2010, 5469-5502.Google Scholar