Electrochemical Synthesis of p-CuO Thin Films and Development of a p-CuO/n-ZnO Thin Film Hetero-Contact for Gas Sensing
Thin films of p-CuO has been synthesized using a simple electrochemical technique (Galvanic deposition) on Indium Tin Oxide (ITO) coated glass substrates and on ZnO/ITO coated glass substrates. The films were characterized using X-ray Diffraction Technique (XRD) and UV–VIS spectroscopy. The surface morphology of the films was studied using FESEM. Measurements of electrical properties of the n-ZnO/p-CuO heterojunction were carried out to understand its suitability for gas sensing application.
KeywordsElectrochemical deposition Thin film p-type semiconductor n-ZnO/p-CuO heterojunction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work is supported by IDP, Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India.
- 1.Benjamin J. Hansen, Nikolai Kouklin, Ganhua Lu, I-Kuan Lin, Junhong Chen, and Xin Zhang, J. Phys. Chem. C, 114, 2440 (2010).Google Scholar
- 4.Y W Zhu, T Yu, F C Cheong, X J Xu, C T Lim, V B C Tan, J T L Thong, and C H Sow, Nanotechnology, 16, 88 (2005).Google Scholar
- 8.w. wang, z. liu, y. Liu, c. Xu, c. zheng, and g.wang, Appl. Phys. A 76, 417, (2003).Google Scholar
- 14.P Samarasekara, N T R N Kumara, and N U S Yapa, J. Phys.:Condens.Matter, 18, 2417, (2006).Google Scholar
- 17.F. Bayansal, S. Kahraman, G. C¸ ankaya, H.A. C¸ etinkara, H.S. Guder, and H.M. C¸ akmak, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 509, 2094, (2011).Google Scholar
- 18.Seymen Ayg¨un, and David Cann, Sensors and Actuators B, 106, 837, (2005).Google Scholar
- 19.Masaru Miyayama, Kazuyasu Hikita, Gakuji Uozumi, and Hiroaki Yanagida, Sensors and Actuators B, 24-25, 383, (1995).Google Scholar