Effective Method of Mobile Human Computer Interface for Military Operation Training
In this paper, we evaluate the various methods of Human Computer Interface (HCI) for mobile command and control for military operation. For example, within a forest, field of observation and communication are limited. Thus, the design of user interface for command and control system for military operation is important to ensure delivery of command and control is directly received to all soldiers who involved in the operation. This will ensure the effectiveness of mobile human computer interface for soldiers can be used for military operation in different kind of environment.
Keywordsmobile device silent signals human computer interface haptic command and control communication
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Alsagoff, S.N.: Optimal command and control method for Malaysian army small units in a Malaysian forest environment: small unit tactical management system (SUTaMs). In: Zaman, H.B., Robinson, P., Petrou, M., Olivier, P., Shih, T.K., Velastin, S., Nyström, I. (eds.) IVIC 2011, Part II. LNCS, vol. 7067, pp. 419–427. Springer, Heidelberg (2011)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 2.Ibrahim, M.S.: Kegunaan Future Soldier System Tentera Darat (FSS TD) Dalam Konteks Peperangan Gerila. Maktab Turus Angkatan Tentera Malaysia (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Headquarters Department of the Army: Visual Signals, Washington, DC (1987)Google Scholar
- 6.Song, T.H., Jeong, S.M., Kim, M.K., Kwon, K.H., Jeon, J.W.: Sensible interface using multi-sensors in mobile device. In: Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Advances in Mobile Computing and Multimedia, pp. 637–641. ACM (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.Kuber, R., Yu, W., O’Modhrain, M.S.: Evaluation of haptic html mappings derived from a novel methodology. ACM Transactions on Accessible Computing (TACCESS) 3(4), 12 (2011)Google Scholar