The ECHORD Project: A General Perspective
- 866 Downloads
The European funded ECHORD project European Clearing House for Open Robotics Development began in January 2009 with the ambitious goal of bringing together European robotics manufacturers with the excellent European research institutions. Europe has a very strong robot industry and there is significant research potential as well as technological knowledge. There has been a long history of outstanding research and development in both robot manufacturers and research institutes. However, finding common ground between manufacturers and the research community, especially when it comes to defining the future direction of robotics research, has proven difficult in the past. This is one of the recurring themes on both sides, and a new level of cooperation is long overdue. Thus, ECHORD acted as a clearing house to streamline successful know-how transfers.
KeywordsMobile Robot Path Planning Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Humanoid Robot Mobile Manipulator
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bekey, G.A.: Autonomous Robots. MIT Press, Cambridge (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Brooks, R.A.: The robots are here. Technology Review 107, 30 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Forlizzi, J., DiSalvo, C.: Service robots in the domestic environment: a study of the roomba vacuum in the home. In: Proceedings of the 1st ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction (HRI), pp. 258–265. IEEE Press, New York (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Pitsch, K., Wrede, S., Seele, J.C., Süssenbach, L.: Attitude of German Museum Visitors towards an Interactive Art Guide Robot. In: Proceedings of the 8th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction (HRI), IEEE Press, New York (2011)Google Scholar
- 8.Röhrbein, F., Griffiths, S., Voss, L.: On Industry-Academia Collaborations in Robotics. Technical Report TUM-I1338 (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Röhrbein, F.: Academic and industry collaboration (Part 1): Interview with Rodney Brooks, http://robohub.org/academic-and-industry-collaboration-part-1-interview-with-rodney-brooks/ (accessed: October 09, 2013)