A Proposal of a Genetic Algorithm for Bicriteria Fixed Charge Transportation Problem
Transportation problem is a typical combinatorial problem. We aim at the search capacity of the solution by using a genetic algorithm with a the Bicriteria fixed Charge Transportation problem, which is an extension of the traditional transportation problem. In this paper, we improve the technique of Teramatu. In particular we propose new crossover operation for the genetic algorithm. Comparison with other methods is performed and the validity of the proposed method is shown.
KeywordsBicriteria Fixed Charge Transportation Problem Genetic Algorithm Priority Level
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mitsuo, G., Cheng, R.: Genetic Algorithms and Engineering Optimization. John Wiley and Sons, Inc. (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Kenichi, I., Hiroaki, T., Yusuke, T.C.N.: Application to fixed cherge transportation problem of genetic algorithm. The Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan OS6_2_1–4 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Ida, K., Tohyama, H., Teramatu, C., Futatani, Y.: The Proposal of the Genetic Algorithm for Fixed Charge Transportation Problem. In: Proc APIEMS 2004, pp. 32, 1–5 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Li., Y., Gen, M., Ida, K.: Genetic Algorithms for the Fixed Charge Transportation Problem. Beijing Mathematics 4(2), 239–249 (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Ida, K., Kimura, Y.: The Proposal of an Improved Genetic Algorithm for Floorplan Design with Non-slicing Structure. The IEICE Trans. on Fundamentals of Electro., Comm. and Comput. Sci. J87-A(3), 399–405 (2004)Google Scholar