Labeling Association Rule Clustering through a Genetic Algorithm Approach
Among the post-processing association rule approaches, a promising one is clustering. When an association rule set is clustered, the user is provided with an improved presentation of the mined patterns, since he can have a view of the domain to be explored. However, to take advantage of this organization, it is essential that good labels be assigned to the groups, in order to guide the user during the exploration process. Moreover, few works have explored and proposed labeling methods to this context. Therefore, this paper proposes a labeling method, named GLM (Genetic Labeling Method), for association rule clustering. The method is a genetic algorithm approach that aims to balance the values of the measures that are used to evaluate labeling methods in this context. In the experiments, GLM presented a good performance and better results than some other methods already explored.
KeywordsAssociation Rules Clustering Labeling Methods Genetic Algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Jorge, A.: Hierarchical clustering for thematic browsing and summarization of large sets of association rules. In: 4th SIAM International Conference on Data Mining, pp. 178–187 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Sahar, S.: Exploring interestingness through clustering: A framework. In: IEEE International Conference on Data Mining, pp. 677–680 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Toivonen, H., Klemettinen, M., Ronkainen, P., Hätönen, K., Mannila, H.: Pruning and grouping discovered association rules. In: Workshop Notes of the ECML Workshop on Statistics, Machine Learning, and Knowledge Discovery in Databases, pp. 47–52 (1995)Google Scholar
- 5.Carvalho, V.O., Biondi, D.S., Santos, F.F., Rezende, S.O.: Labeling methods for association rule clustering. In: 14th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems, pp. 105–111 (2012)Google Scholar
- 6.Sivanandam, S.N., Deepa, S.N.: Introduction to genetic algorithms (2008)Google Scholar