Quantification-Based Ant Colony System for TSP
Ant Colony Optimization (ACO) is one of the swarm intelligent methods for solving computational problems, especially in finding the optimal paths through graphs. In the past, floating point is widely used to represent the pheromone in ACO, thus requiring large amounts of memory to find the optimal solutions. In this paper, the quantification-based ACS (QACS) is thus proposed to reduce the space complexity. New updating rules of pheromone with no decay parameters are also designed in the proposed QACS for simplifying the updating processing of pheromone. Based on the experimental results of proposed QACS, the convergence rate can be improved with less memory space for solving Traveling Salesman Problem (TSP).
KeywordsAnt colony Optimization pheromone updating rule Qualificationbased TSP
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Colorni, A., Dorigo, M., Maniezzo, V.: Distributed optimization by ant colonies. In: Proceedings of the European Conference on Artificial Life, Paris, France, pp. 134–142 (1991)Google Scholar
- 5.Yan, H., Shen, X.Q., Li, X., Wu, M.H.: An improved ant algorithm for job scheduling in grid computing. Machine Learning and Cybernetics, 2957–2961 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang, J., Chen, W.-N., Zhong, J.-H., Tan, X., Li, Y.: Continuous Function Optimization Using Hybrid Ant Colony Approach with Orthogonal Design Scheme. In: Wang, T.-D., Li, X., Chen, S.-H., Wang, X., Abbass, H.A., Iba, H., Chen, G.-L., Yao, X. (eds.) SEAL 2006. LNCS, vol. 4247, pp. 126–133. Springer, Heidelberg (2006)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 9.Wang, L., Wu, Q.D.: Linear system parameters identification based on ant system algorithm. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Control Applications, Mexico, pp. 401–406 (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Dorigo, M.: Optimization, learning, and natural algorithms. Ph.D. Thesis, Dip. Elettronica, Politecnico di Milano, Italy (1992)Google Scholar
- 14.Luca Gambardella, M., Dorigo, M.: Ant-Q: A Reinforcement Learning approach to the traveling salesman problem. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Machine Learning, Tahoe, California, pp. 252–260 (1995)Google Scholar
- 15.Luca Gambardella, M., Taillard, E., Agazzi, G.: A multiple ant system for vehicle routing problem with time windows. New Ideas on Optimization, 285–296 (1999)Google Scholar
- 17.Stützle, T., Hoosb, H.: MAX–MIN Ant System and Local search for the traveling salesman problem. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Evolutionary Computation, Pistcataway, USA, pp. 309–314 (1997)Google Scholar