A Modified Method for Constructing Minimum Size Homogeneous Wireless Sensor Networks with Relay Nodes to Fully Cover Critical Square Grids
Sensor deployment is an important issue to provide QoS guarantees in the wireless sensor network. Recently, CRITICAL- SQUARE-GRID COVERAGE problem, which is the problem of constructing the minimum size wireless sensor network with full coverage of critical square grids in the sensor field, has been presented and addressed by many researchers. However, this problem does not take the relay nodes into consideration, where the relay nodes may exist in the sensing field and can provide data transmission. In this paper, our problem is to construct a minimum size homogeneous wireless sensor network to fully cover critical square grids when the relay nodes exist in the sensing field. A modified algorithm is proposed by considering the existence of relay nodes. The simulation results show that our method has better performance than others.
KeywordsWireless sensor network sensor deployment coverage problem relay nodes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Akshay, N., Kumar, M.P., Harish, B., Dhanorkar, S.: An efficient approach for sensor deployments in wireless sensor network. In: International Conference on Emerging Trends in Robotics and Communication Technologies, pp. 350–355 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Du, J., Li, Y., Liu, H., Sha, K.: On sweep coverage with minimum mobile sensors. In: IEEE 16th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Systems, pp. 283–290 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Kumar, S., Lai, T.H., Arora, A.: Barrier coverage with wireless sensors. In: Proceedings of ACM MobiCom, Cologne, Germany (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Lei, Y., Zhang, Y., Zhao, Y.: The research of coverage problems in wireless sensor network. In: International Conference on Wireless Networks and Information Systems, pp. 31–34 (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Mittal, R., Bhatia, M.P.S.: Wireless sensor networks for monitoring the environmental activities. In: IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research, pp. 1–5 (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Silvestri, S.: Mobibar: Barrier coverage with mobile sensors. In: IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference, pp. 1–6 (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.Zhang, H., Hou, J.C.: Maintaining sensing coverage and connectivity in large sensor networks. Ad Hoc & Sensor Wireless Networks 1(1-2), 89–124 (2005)Google Scholar