After the year of 2008 and its frightening global experience of inappropriate financial use of “technology” and bad “banking practice” and foolish “deregulation,” then the world’s banking system straightened up, didn't it? There were no more occurrences of bank “fragility” in the world. And this would be the happy ending to the world’s banking problem. Right?
KeywordsHedge Fund Credit Default Swap Casino Gambling Credit Derivative Financial Integrity
- Eavis, P. (2013, January 25). Making sense of Wall Street’s trading revenue. New York Times.Google Scholar
- Eavis, P., & Craig, S. (2012, May 11). The bet that blew up for JPMorgan chase. New York Times. Google Scholar
- Erhard, W., & Jensen, M. C. (2012, September 18). Putting integrity into finance: A purely positive approach. Harvard Business School. http://ssrn.com/abstract=1985594.
- Gandel, S. (2012, April). JPMorgan’s Dimon gets $23 million for 2011 and bragging right. Fortune.Google Scholar
- Jenkins, P. (2012, December 29–30). Scandals dominate bank sector. Financial Times.Google Scholar
- Mc Kenna, F. (2012, May 17). The JPMorgan Whale’s disastrous trades were no hedges. American Banker.Google Scholar
- Minsky, H. (2008). Stabilizing an unstable economy. New York: McGraw Hill.Google Scholar
- Murphy, K. J., & Jensen, M. C. (2011). CEO bonus plans: And how to fix them, chapter 8. In CEO Pay and What to Do About It, Harvard Business School Press. 2012 (http://ssrn.com/abstract=1935654)
- New York Times Editorial. (2013, January 19). Lessons from the London Whale. New York Times.Google Scholar
- Rosenthal, A. (2012). Jamie Dimon on gambling. New York Times. Google Scholar
- Russell, K., & Pecanha, S. (2012, May 11). At JPMorgan chase, a complex strategy that backfired. New York Times.Google Scholar
- Silver-Greenberg, J., & Craig, S. (2012, June 28). JMorgan trading loss may reach $9 billion. New York Times.Google Scholar
- Tett, G., & Davies, P. J. (2007, December 16). Out of the shadows: How banking’s secret system broke down. Financial Times.Google Scholar
- Wilchins, D., & Mollenkamp, C. (2012, May 17). JPMorgan’s future losses at the mercy of an obscure index. Reuters.Google Scholar