Generalized Constraint Design of Linear-Phase FIR Digital Filters
We consider the design of digital finite-impulse response (FIR) filters satisfying constraints on the amplitude response. Constrained FIR filter design with frequency-domain linear constraints on the amplitude response usually uses the least-squares or the Chebyshev error criterion, which can be generally reformulated as quadratic programming (QP) problem. This paper presents an novel algorithm for the design of constrained low-pass FIR filters according to a variously defined error. This approach does not require the transition bands specification, is characterized by rapid convergence and is suitable for high order filter design.
KeywordsBiomedical Signal Processing Digital Filter Design FIR Filters
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Burrus, C.S., Barreto, A.: Least p-power error design of filters. In: Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. Circuits. Syst (ISCAS), vol. 1, pp. 545–548 (1992)Google Scholar
- 7.Leski, J., Henzel, N.: Generalized Ordered Linear Regression with Regularization. Bull. Pol. Ac.: Tech. (in print)Google Scholar
- 8.McClellan, J., Parks, T.: A united approach to the design of optimum FIR linear-phase digital filters. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems 20, 679–701 (1973)Google Scholar
- 10.McClellan, J., Parks, T.: A unified approach to the design of optimum FIR linear-phase digital filter. IEEE Trans. Circuit Theory 20, 697–701 (1973)Google Scholar
- 15.Tufts, D.W., Francis, J.T.: Designing digital low-pass filters- comparison of some methods and criteria. IEEE Trans. Audio Electroacoust. 18, 487–494Google Scholar
- 16.Vaidyanathan, P.P.: Efficient and multipliers design of FIR filters with very sharp cutoff via maximally flat building blocks. IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. 32, 236–244Google Scholar