Web-Based Solution for Acquisition, Processing, Archiving and Diffusion of Endoscopy Studies
In this paper we present a distributed solution for the acquisition, processing, archiving and diffusion of endoscopic procedures. The goal is to provide a system capable of managing all administrative and clinical information (including audiovisual content) since the acquisition process to the searching process of previous exams, for comparison with new cases. In this context, a device for the acquisition of the endoscopic video was designed (MIVbox), regardless of the endoscopic camera that is used. All the information is stored in a structured and standardized way, allowing its reuse and sharing. To facilitate this sharing process, the video undergoes several processing steps in order to obtain a summarized video and the respective content characteristics. The proposed solution uses an annotation system that enables content querying, thus becoming a versatile tool for research in this area. A streaming module in which the endoscopic video is transmitted in real time is also provided.
KeywordsDistributed Computing Endoscopy e-Health Video Streaming Video Processing Endoscopic Video Acquisition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shortliffe, E.H., Cimino, J.J. (eds.): Biomedical Informatics Computer Applications in Health Care and Biomedicine. Springer, New York (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Jamal, A., McKenzie, K., Clark, M.: The impact of health information technology on the quality of medical and health care: a systematic review. The HIM Journal 38, 26–37 (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Direcção-Geral da Saúde, Direcção de Serviços de Epidemiologia e Estatísticas de Saúde, D. de E. de S.: Elementos estatísticos - Informação Geral: Saúde 2008. 159 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Cotton, P.B., Williams, C.B.: Practical Gastrointestinal Endoscopy the Fundamentals. Blackwell Publishing (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Olympus: Endoscopy: Leading the Way to a New Future (2002) Google Scholar
- 7.Aabakken, L., Rembacken, B., LeMoine, O., Kuznetsov, K., Rey, J.-F., Rösch, T., Eisen, G., Cotton, P., Fujino, M.: Minimal standard terminology for gastrointestinal endoscopy - MST 3.0 (2009)Google Scholar
- 8.Sawhney, G.S.: Digital Image Acquisition and Processing. Fundamentals of Biomedical Engineering, p. 273. New Age International (P) Ltd. (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Wolf, R.: VictOR HD for documentation in Full-HD Quality, http://www.richard-wolf.com/en/human-medicine/visualisation/documentation-systems/victor-hd.html
- 14.Chen, Y., Lee, J.: A Review of Machine Vision Based Analysis of Wireless Capsule Endoscopy VideoGoogle Scholar