Case-Based Reasoning Applied to Medical Diagnosis and Treatment
The Case-Based Reasoning (CBR) is an appropriate methodology to apply in diagnosis and treatment. Research in CBR is growing and there are shortcomings, especially in the adaptation mechanism. In this paper, besides presenting a methodological review of the technology applied to the diagnostics and health sector published in recent years, a new proposal is presented to improve the adaptation stage. This proposal is focused on preparing the data to create association rules that help to reduce the number of cases and facilitate learning adaptation rules.
KeywordsAssociation Rule Medical Diagnosis Adaptive Resonance Theory Adaptation Rule Fuzzy Decision Tree
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Agwil, R.O., Shrivastava, D.P.: Integrated Thallassaemia Decision Support System. WSEAS Transactions on Computers 9(8), 857–867 (2010)Google Scholar
- 8.Huang, M.L., Hung, Y.H., Lee, W.M., Li, R.K., Wang, T.H.: Usage of Case-Based Reasoning, Neural Network and Adaptive Neuro-Fuzzy Inference System Classification Techniques in Breast Cancer Dataset Classification Diagnosis. Journal of Medical Systems (in press)Google Scholar
- 11.Toward translational incremental similarity-based reasoning in breast cancer grading. Image Perception, Access and Language IPAL (UMI CNRS 2955, UJF, NUS, I2R), Singapore National University Hospital National University of Singapore Politehnica University of Timisoara, Romania University of Besançon, France Medical Informatics Service, University Hospital of Geneva, Sweden University of Applied Sciences, Western Switzerland, Sierre, Sweden (2009)Google Scholar
- 12.Rodríguez, S., De Paz, J.F., Bajo, J., Corchado, J.M.: Applying CBR systems to micro array data classification 49, 102–111 (2009)Google Scholar
- 17.A Reuse-Based CBR System Evaluation in Critical Medical Scenarios (2009)Google Scholar
- 18.Fan, C.-Y., Chang, P.-C., Lin, J.-J., Hsieh, J.C.: A hybrid model combining case-based reasoning and fuzzy decision tree for medical data classification. Applied Soft Computing 11(11), 632–644 (2009)Google Scholar
- 20.Influenza Forecast: Case-Based Reasoning or Statistics? (2007)Google Scholar
- 22.Schmidt, R., Vorobieva, O., Gierl, L.: Case-based Adaptation Problems in Medicine, pp. 267–274 (2003)Google Scholar