Synthesis of Mechanisms
- 1.8k Downloads
In this chapter the focus will be on synthesis of mechanisms. Part of the material is based on the papers (Hansen, 2002, 2000; Jensen and Hansen, 2005) from which some of the figures are taken. In the chapter some methods are described that are not commonly used within the area, and to understand them requires some knowledge about general optimization methods. It is therefore recommended that this chapter is read after the other chapters in the volume which treat optimization and synthesis have been read.
KeywordsDesign Variable Constraint Equation Revolute Joint Joint Variable Coupler Point
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Arora, J.S. Introduction to Optimum Design. McGraw-Hill, Columbus, 1989.Google Scholar
- Angeles, J. and Liu, Z. A constrained least-square method for the optimization of spherical four-bar path generators. In M. McCarthy, S. Derby, and A. Pisano, editors, Mechanism Synthesis and Analysis. ASME, 1990.Google Scholar
- Erdman, A.G. and Sandor, G.N. Mechanism Design, Analysis and Synthesis. Prentice-Hall, New Jersey, 1991.Google Scholar
- Hansen, J.M. Synthesis of kinematically driven systems using dynamics. Presented at ICTAM XX, 27th Aug–1st Sep 2000, Chicago Google Scholar
- Hansen, J.M. and Tortorelli, D.A. An efficient method for synthesis of mechanisms. In D. Bestle and W. Schiehlen, editors, Optimization of Mechanical Systems, pages 129–138. IUTAM Symposium, Stuttgart, Germany, 1995.Google Scholar
- Hansen, M.R. A general procedure for dimensional synthesis of mechanisms. Mechanism Design and Synthesis, 46:67–71, 1992.Google Scholar
- Haug, E.J. and Sohoni, V.N. Design sensitivity analysis and optimization of kinematically driven systems. In E.J. Haug, editor, Computer Aided Analysis and Optimization of Mechanical System Dynamics, Volume F9. NATO ASI, 1984.Google Scholar
- Garcia de Jalon, J. and Bayo, E. Kinematic and Dynamic Simulation of Multibody Systems. Springer-Verlag New York, 1994.Google Scholar
- Kong, F. and Wei, H. Path synthesis of linkage mechanisms by spectrum analysis based on particle swarm optimization. Computer Engineering and Applications, 9:66–68, 2007.Google Scholar
- Sedlaczek, K. and Eberhard, P. Optimization of nonlinear mechanical systems under constraints with the particle swarm method. In Proceedings of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics, pages 169–170, 2004.Google Scholar