Nearly Invariant Subspaces of the Backward Shift
Part of the Operator Theory: Advances and Applications book series (OT, volume 35)
A theorem of D. Hitt describing certain subspaces of H2 that miss by one dimension being invariant under the backward shift operator is given a new approach and extended.
KeywordsKernel Function Unit Ball Invariant Subspace Toeplitz Operator Outer Factor
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.de Branges, L. and Rovnyak, J.: Square Summable Power Series (Holt, Rinehart & Winston, New York, 1966).Google Scholar
- 3.Hayashi, E.: The solution sets of extremal problems in H1, Proceedings of the AMS 93 (1985), 690–696.Google Scholar
- 4.Hitt, D.: Invariant subspaces of H2 of an annulus, forthcoming.Google Scholar
- 5.Sarason, D.: Shift-invariant spaces from the Brangesian point of view, Proceedings of the Conference on the Occasion of the Proof of the Bierberbach Conjecture, Mathematical Surveys, (AMS, Providence, 1986), 153–166.Google Scholar
- 6.Sarason, D.: Doubly shift-invariant spaces in H2, Journal of Operator Theory 16 (1986), 75–97.Google Scholar
© Birkhäuser Verlag Basel 1988