Hurwitz Matrix for Polynomial Matrices
If a system is given by its transfer function then the stability of the system is determined by the denominator polynomial and its corresponding Hurwitz matrix H. Also the critical stability conditions are determined by its determinant det H.
The aim of this paper is to get a generalized Hurwitz matrix for polynomial matrices. In order to achieve that, we first obtain a relation between the Hurwiz matrix for a polynomial and the Lyapunov equation. Here we show how the Hurwitz matrix appears in the solution of the Lyapunov equation using the companion matrix realization and the Kronecker formulation of Lyapunov equation. Using this result we show how the generalized Hurwitz matrix for polynomial matrices can be constructed.
KeywordsPolynomial Matrix Lyapunov Equation Polynomial Matrice State Space Realisation Hurwitz Matrix
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Mansour and B. D. O. Anderson, On the robust stability of time-varying linear systems, in this proceedings.Google Scholar
- A. Betser, N. Cohen and E. Zeheb, On solving the Lyapunov and Stein Equation for a Companion Matrix, to be published in System and control letters 1995.Google Scholar
- S. Barnett, Polynomials and linear control systems, Marcel Dekker Inc., 1983.Google Scholar
- L. Saydy, A. L. Tits and E. H. Abed, Guardian Maps and the Generalized Stability of Parametrized Families of Matrices and Polynomials, Mathematics of Control, Signals, and Systems, vol. 3, pp. 3451–371, 1990.Google Scholar
- P. Lancaster, M. Tismenetsky, The Theory of Matrices, Acad. Press, 1985.Google Scholar