On the Computation of Stability Profiles
The computational effort for robust stability analysis of uncertain control systems increases with the number of uncertain parameters. However, there exists a class of so-called tree structured systems, for which stability analysis can be performed extremely fast. In this case robust stability is verified by checking zero exclusion from value sets, which are obtained by mapping the uncertainty domain via the uncertain characteristic polynomial. An extension of this approach allows to generate the stability profile. This is part of the boundary of the root set of the uncertain system containing the most important stability information. The efficiency of the method is demonstrated by a robustness analysis of the DLR plate experiment with 60 uncertain parameters.
KeywordsCharacteristic Polynomial Uncertain Parameter Uncertain System Robustness Analysis Stability Profile
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. Ackermann, A. Bartlett, D. Kaesbauer, W. Sienel, and R. Steinhauser, Robust control: Systems with uncertain physical parameters. London: Springer, 1993.Google Scholar
- J. Bals, Aktive Schwingungsdampfung flexibler Strukturen. PhD thesis, Universität Karlsruhe (TH ), 1989.Google Scholar
- B. Barmish, J. Ackermann, and H. Hu, “The tree structured decomposition: a new approach to robust stability analysis,” in Proc. Conf. on Information Sciences and Systems, (Princeton), 1990.Google Scholar
- L. Cremer, “Ein neues Verfahren zur Beurteilung der Stabilität linearer Regelungssys- teme,” ZAMM, p. 161, 1947.Google Scholar
- DFVLR, Dornier System, “Investigation of attitude and orbit control system modelling for flexible space platforms.” ESTEC Contract No. 6839/86/NL/MA(SC) performed by DFVLR, Final Report 1988.Google Scholar
- C. Goh and G. Grübel, “Robust low-order control of a generic flexible test structure,” in Proc. 1st IEEE Conference on Control Applications, (Dayton, Ohio), pp. 206–211, 1992.Google Scholar
- V. Kharitonov, “Asymptotic stability of an equilibrium position of a family of systems of linear differential equations,” Differential Equations, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 26–35, 1979.Google Scholar
- A. Mikhailov, “Method of harmonic analysis in control theory,” Avtomatika i Tele- mekhanika, vol. 3, pp. 27–81, 1938.Google Scholar
- W. Sienel, Analyse und Entwurf von robusten Regelungssystemen durch Konstruktion von komplexen Wertemengen. PhD thesis, Technische Universität München, 1994.Google Scholar