Part of the Operator Theory Advances and Applications book series (OT, volume 77)
A Note on the Banach-Mazur Distance to the Cube
If X is an n-dimensional normed space, and d denotes the Banach-Mazur distance, then d(X, ℓ ∞ n ) ≤ cn 5/6.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [G]A.A. Giannopoulos, On the Banach-Mazur distance to the cube, preprint, December 1992.Google Scholar
- [J]F. John, Extremum problems with inequalities as subsidiary conditions, Courant Anniversary Volume, New York: Interscience, 1948.Google Scholar
- [P]A. Pelczynski, Structural theory of Banach spaces and its interplay with analysis and probability, Proceedings of the ICM 1983, PWN-North Holland (1984), 237–269.Google Scholar
- [S-T]S.J. Szarek, M. Talagrand, An isomorphic version of the Sauer-Shelah lemma and the Banach-Mazur distance to the cube. GAFA Seminar’87–’88, Springer Lecture Notes in Mathematics 1376 (1989), 105–112.Google Scholar
- [Sz2]S.J. Szarek, On the geometry of the Banach-Mazur compactum, Lecture Notes in Mathematics 1470 (1991), 48–59.Google Scholar
- [Sz3]S.J. Szarek, Personal communication.Google Scholar
© Birkhäuser Verlag Basel/Switzerland 1995