Metric Critical Point Theory 2. Deformation Techniques
The paper contains several results relating to deformation techniques in critical point theory for continuous functions on metric spaces, including two deformation theorems, an extension of the mountain pass theorem and a dense solvability theorem for potential set-valued operators associated with critical points of Lipschitz perturbations of quadratic functional in Hilbert spaces.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Ambrosetti, Critical Points and Nonlinear Variational Problems, Societé Math. de France, publ. 49, Suppl. Bull. S.M.F. Tome 120, 1992Google Scholar
- Chang, Kung Ching, Infinite Dimensional Morse Theory and Multiple Solution Problem, Birkhäuser 1993.Google Scholar
- F.H. Clarke, Optimization and Nonsmooth Analysis, Wiley 1983.Google Scholar
- P.H. Rabinowitz, Minimax Methods in Critical Point Theory with Applications to Differential Equations, CBMS Reg. Conf. Ser. Math., vol 65, Amer. Math. Soc. 1986.Google Scholar
- N.K. Rybarska, T.V. Tsachev and M.I. Karastanov, Speculation about mountains, preprint 1995.Google Scholar