Analysis in Classes of Discontinuous Functions and Partial Differential Equations
Review of old and new results in analysis in classes of functions whose generalized derivatives are measures and its applications to partial differential equations and continuum mechanics is given.
KeywordsHyperbolic System Regular Point Generalize Derivative Entropy Condition Discontinuous Function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [DG2]E. De Giorgi, Nuovi teoremi relativi alle misure (r-1)-dimensionali in uno spazio ad r dimensioni, Ricerche Mat. 4(1955), 95–113.Google Scholar
- [F1]H. Federer, An analytic characterization of distributions whose partial derivatives are representable by measures, Bull Amer. Math. Soc. 60 (1954), 339.Google Scholar
- [L]P.D. Lax, Shock waves and entropy “Contributions to Nonlinear Functional Analysis”, 603-634, Academic Press, New York, 1971.Google Scholar
- [Li]T.P. Liu, Decay to N-waves of solutions of general systems of nonlinear hyperbolic conservation laws, C.P.A.M. 30 (1977), 585–610.Google Scholar
- [Tr]C. Truesdell, A first course in rational continuum mechanics, 1972.Google Scholar
- [VD]A.I. Volpert and S.I. Doronin, On numerical methods for nonconservative hyperbolic equations, Preprint, ICPh. (1992).Google Scholar
- [VH1]A.I. Volpert and S.I. Hudjaev, Analysis in classes of discontinuous functions and equations of mathematical physics, Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 1985, 678p.Google Scholar
- [VT1]A.I. Volpert and R.S. Tishakova, Positive solutions of quasi-linear parabolic system of equations, Preprint, Chernogolovka, 1980, 20p. (In Russian).Google Scholar
- [VT2]A.I.Volpert and R.S. Tishakova, Positive solutions of the second boundary value problem for quasi-linear parabolic systems, Preprint, Chernogolovka, 1981, 13p. (In Russian).Google Scholar
- [VZ]A.I. Volpert, A.M. Zhiljaev, V.P. Filipenko, Mathematical problems of detonation waves stability, Proceedings of 9 Symp. Comb. Explosion, Detonation (1989), 6-9. (In Russian).Google Scholar
- [V2]A.I. Volpert, BV-Analysis and hydrodynamics, Preprint, Chernogolovka, 1991, 32p.Google Scholar