Uniform Stabilizability of Nonlinearly Coupled Kirchhoff Plate Equations
A system of two Kirchhoff plate equations with nonlinear coupling through both the boundary and the interior is considered. For this problem, it is proven that by appropriately choosing feedback controls, the energy of the system decays at a uniform rate. This result extends previous results in a number of directions: (i) it does not require any geometric hypotheses to be imposed on the domain; (ii) it allows for the presence of nonlinear coupling terms; (iii) it does not require the control functions to satisfy any growth conditions at the origin.
1991 Mathematics Subject Classification35 93
Key words and phrasesUniform stabilization boundary feedback coupled plates Kirchhoff plate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Favini and I. Lasiecka. Well-posedness and regularity of second-order abstract equations arising in hyperbolic-like problems with nonlinear boundary conditions. Osaka Journal of Mathematics. To appear.Google Scholar
- 2.M.A. Horn and I. Lasiecka. Global stabilization of a dynamic von Kármán plate with nonlinear boundary feedback. Applied Mathematics and Optimization. To appear.Google Scholar
- 6.I. Lasiecka. Existence and uniqueness of the solutions to second order abstract equations with nonlinear and nonmonotone boundary conditions. Journal of Nonlinear Analysis, Methods and Applications. To appear.Google Scholar
- 9.W. Littman. Boundary control theory for beams and plates. In Proceedings of 24th Conference on Decision and Control ,pages 2007–2009, 1985.Google Scholar
- 10.M. Najafi, G. Sarhangi, and H. Wang. The study of the stabilizability of the coupled wave equations under various end conditions. In Proceedings of the 31 nd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control ,Tucson, Arizona, 1992.Google Scholar
- 11.M. Najafi and H. Wang. Exponential stability of wave equations coupled in parallel by viscous damping, In Proceedings of the 32nd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control ,San Antonio, Texas, 1993.Google Scholar