On the Profile of Random Forests
An approach via generating functions is used to derive multivariate asymptotic distributions for the number of nodes in strata of random forests. For a certain range for the strata numbers we obtain a weak limit theorem to Brownian motion as well. Moreover, a moment convergence theorem for the width of random forests is derived.
KeywordsRandom Forest Random Tree Parking Function Total Progeny Watson Tree
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Drmota and B. Gittenberger, (1999) The width of Galton-Watson trees submitted, http://www.geometrie.tuwien.ac.at/drmota/width.ps.gz/drmota/width.ps.gz Google Scholar
- M. Drmota and J. F. Marckert, (2001) Reinforced weak convergence of stochastic processes submitted, seehttp://www.geometrie.tuwien.ac.at/drmota/reinf.ps.gz/drmota/reinf.ps.gz.Google Scholar
- M. Drmota and M. Soria, (1995) Marking in combinatorial constructions: generating functions and limiting distributions Theoretical Comp. Science 144, 67–99.Google Scholar
- I. A. Egorova, (1997) The distribution of vertices in strata of plane planted forests in Probabilistic methods in discrete mathematics (Petrozavodsk, 1996), 179–188, VSP, Utrecht.Google Scholar
- P. Flajolet and A. M. Odlyzko, (1989) Random mapping statistics in Advances in Cryptology (1990), J.-J. Quisquater and J. Vandewalle, Eds., vol. 434 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer Verlag, pp. 329–354. Proceedings of Eurocrypt ‘89, Houtalen, Belgium.Google Scholar
- P. Flajolet and J. S. Vitter, (1990) Average-Case Analysis of Algorithms and Data Structures in Handbook of Theoretical Computer Science J. van Leeuwen, Ed., vol. A: Algorithms and Complexity. North Holland, ch. 9, pp. 431–524.Google Scholar
- A. Meir and J. W. Moon, (1978) On the altitude of nodes in random trees Canadian Journal of Mathematics 30, 997–1015.Google Scholar
- Yu. L. Pavlov, (1994) Limit distributions of the height of a random forest consisting of plane rooted trees Discr. Math. Appl. 4, 73–88, (translated from Diskret. Mat. 6, 73–88, 1994).Google Scholar
- Yu. L. Pavlov, (1994) Asymptotic behavior of the height of a random forest (Russian), A collection of papers, No. 1, (Russian), 4–17, 139, Ross. Akad. Nauk, Karel. Nauchn. Tsentr, Petrozavodsk, 1994.Google Scholar
- Yu. L. Pavlov, (1997) Random forests in Probabilistic methods in discrete mathematics (Petrozavodsk 1996) 11–18, VSP, Utrecht.Google Scholar
- Yu. L. Pavlov and I. A. Cheplyukova, (1999) Limit distributions of the number of vertices in strata of a simply generated forest Discr. Math. Appl. 9, 137154, (translated from Diskret. Mat. 11, 97–112, 1999).Google Scholar