A Sharp Threshold for a Non-monotone Digraph Property
We define a non-monotone digraph property TOUR1, a variant of the digraph property KERNEL, which refines the notion of maximal tournament. First we prove that there is a constant 0 < α < 1 such that TOUR1 is asymptotically almost surely true in random digraphs with constant arc probability p ≤ α and asymptotically almost surely false in random digraphs with constant arc probability p > α. Then we concentrate our study on random digraphs with arc probability close to a and we obtain a sharp threshold.
KeywordsRandom Graph Monotone Property Moment Method Small Positive Constant Edge Probability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- B. Bollobás and A. Thomason, Threshold Functions. Combinatorica 7, 1987Google Scholar
- V. Chvãtal. On the computational complexity of finding a kernel. Technical report, Report NO CRM-300, univ. de Montréal, 1973. Centre de Recherches Mathématiques.Google Scholar
- P. Erdös and A. Rényi. On the evolution of random graphs. Pupl. Math. Inst. Hungar. Acad. Sci. 7:17–61, 1960.Google Scholar
- Ph. G. Kolaitis and M.Y. Vardi. 0–1 laws for Fragments of Existential Second-Order Logic: A Survey. Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science pages 84–98, 2000.Google Scholar
- J-M. Le Bars. Fragments of existential second-order logic without 0–1 laws. In Proceedings of the 13th IEEE Symposium on Logic in Computer Science 1998.Google Scholar
- J-M. Le Bars. The 0–1 law fails for frame satisfiability of propositional modal logic. to appear at Symposium on Logic in Computer Science (LICS’2002), 2002. Google Scholar