Quaternion-valued Smooth Orthogonal Wavelets with Short Support and Symmetry
In this paper, we define the quaternion-valued multiresolution analysis of L 2 ℝ, H). We give the properties of the scaling functions, wavelet functions and their corresponding low-pass and high-pass filters, and present a sufficient condition for the existence of the quaternion-valued wavelet. By solving the system of equations, we obtain some kinds of low-pass filters and high-pass filters with short support and symmetry of smooth orthogonal wavelets. We also construct quaternion-valued wavelets of a quaternion variable on L 2 (H,H).
KeywordsQuaternion-valued multiresolution analysis scaling function wavelet function low-pass filter high-pass filter.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- F. Brackx, R. Delanghe, and F. Sommen, Clifford Analysis. Pitman Publ., 1982.Google Scholar
- I. Daubechies, Ten Lectures on Wavelets, Soc. Indust. & Appl. Math., Philadelphia, 1992.Google Scholar
- J. X. He, B. Yu, Wavelet Analysis of Quaternion-valued Functions, Preprint.Google Scholar
- J. X. He, B. Yu, Continuous Wavelet Transforms on the Space L2(ℝ, H; dx), to appear in Appl. Math. Letters. Google Scholar
- Q. T. Jiang, Orthogonal multiwavelets with optimum time-frequency resolution, IEEE Trans. on Signal Proc., Special Issue on “Filter banks and wavelets: Theory and applications”, 46 (1998), 830–844.Google Scholar
- M. Mitrea, Clifford wavelets, Singular Integrals and Hardy space, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg, 1994.Google Scholar
- L. Z. Peng, Y. G. Wang, Construction of Compactly Suppotred Orthonormal Wavelets with Beautiful Structure, Research Report, No. 90, Peking University, 2002.Google Scholar