Über das Anzahlproblem Bei der Rationalen L2 — Approximation
Nonlinear mean — square approximation requires the development of methods which are different from the tools commonly used in nonlinear Chebyshev approximation. This is illustrated by considering approximation by rationals in the L2 -Norm. Typical for the whole situation are two facts. On one hand we have almost always uniqueness of the global solution, on the other hand there is no bound on the number of local solutions.
KeywordsApproximation Theory Chebyshev Approximation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Boor, C. de, On the approximation by,r-polynomials, in “Approximation with Special Emphasis on Spline Functions” (hrsg. Von I.J.Schoenberg) New York-London, Academic Press 1969Google Scholar
- Braess, D., On rational L2-approximation. J. Approximation Theory (erscheint demnächst)Google Scholar
- Braess, D., On the number of best approximation in certain non-linear families of functions.aequations math. (erscheint demnächst)Google Scholar
- Braess, D.,, Global analysis and Chebyshev approximation by exponentials, in “Approximation Theory” (hrsg. von G.G. Lorentz) New York-London, Academic Press 1973Google Scholar
- Milnor, J., Morse Theory. Princeton, Princeton University Press 1963Google Scholar