Numerical Computation of Primary Bifurcation Points in Ordinary Differential Equations
- 75 Downloads
This paper is concerned in a class of bifurcation problems in ordinary differential equations. It is shown how some basic aspects of bifurcation can be handled by standard methods of numerical analysis. The procedure is illustrated by four examples.
KeywordsOrdinary Differential Equation Nontrivial Solution Trivial Solution Nonlinear Integral Equation Bifurcation Problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Bulirsch: Lecture on the Working Conference on Codes for Boundary Value Problems in ODE’s. May 14–17, 1978 in Houston. To be published in Springer Lecture Notes.Google Scholar
- 2.R. Bulirsch, J. Stoer, P. Deuflhard: Numerical Solution of Nonlinear Two-Point Boundary Value Problems I. To appear in Numer. Math., Handbook Series Approximation.Google Scholar
- 3.M.A. Krasnosel’skii: Topological Methods in the Theory of Nonlinear Integral Equations. New York: Pergamon Press 1964.Google Scholar
- 8.R. Seydel: Numerical Computation of Branch Points in Ordinary Differential Equations. Numer. Math. 31 or 32.Google Scholar
- 11.M.M. Vainberg: Variational Methods for the Study of Nonlinear Operators. San Francisco-London-Amsterdam: Holden-Day 1964.Google Scholar