Characterization of Intermediate Spaces of Mϕ Spaces
A natural problem in interpolation theory is to find necessary and sufficient conditions for interpolation properties to hold among spaces of the same type. This paper serves to provide a solution for Mϕ spaces which appear in fundamental roles in classical interpolation theorems such as the Marcinkiewicz and Stein-Weiss theorems (, , ) as well as in the class of rearrangement invariant Banach function spaces (, ).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Calderon, A.P., Spaces between L 1 and L℞ and the theorem of Marcinkiewicz, Studia Math. 26 (1966), 273–299.Google Scholar
- Edwards, R.E., Fourier Series Vol. II, Holt, Rinehart, and Winston, Inc., New York 1967.Google Scholar
- Lorentz, G.G., Bernstein Polynomials, University of Toronto Press, Toronto 1953.Google Scholar
- Luxemburg, W.A.J., Banach function spaces, Thesis Delft Institute of Technology, Assen, Netherlands 1955.Google Scholar
- Semenov, E.M., Imbedding theorems for Banach spaces of measurable functions, Soviet Math. Dokl. 5 (1964), 831–834.Google Scholar
- Sharpley, R.C., Interpolation of operators in function spaces, Dissertation, University of Texas, Austin, Texas 1972.Google Scholar
- Zygmund, A., Trignometric Series Vol. II, Cambridge University Press, New York 1968.Google Scholar