The Infinite-dimensional Sylvester Differential Equation and Periodic Output Regulation
In this paper the solvability of the infinite-dimensional Sylvester differential equation is considered.Th is is an operator differential equation on a Banach space.Con ditions for the existence of a unique classical solution to the equation are presented.In addition, a periodic version of the equation is studied and conditions for the existence of a unique periodic solution are given.Th ese results are applied to generalize a theorem which characterizes the controllers achieving output regulation of a distributed parameter system with a nonautonomous signal generator.
KeywordsSylvester differential equation strongly continuous evolution family output regulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A. Bensoussan, G. Da Prato, M.C. Delfour, and S.K. Mitter, Representation and Control of Infinite Dimensional Systems. 2nd Edition, Birkhäuser Boston, 2007.Google Scholar
- 3.R.F. Curtain and H.J. Zwart, An Introduction to Infinite-Dimensional Linear Systems Theory. Springer-Verlag New York, 1995.Google Scholar
- 5.Z. Emirsajlow, A composite semigroup for the infinite-dimensional differential Sylvester equation. In Proceedings of the 7th Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation, Haifa, Israel (1999), 1723-1726.Google Scholar
- 6.K.-J. Engel and R. Nagel, One-Parameter Semigroups for Linear Evolution Equations. Springer-Verlag New York, 2000.Google Scholar
- 7.H. Kano and T. Nishimura, A note on periodic Lyapunov equations. In Proceedings of the 35th Conference on Decision and Control, Kobe, Japan (1996).Google Scholar
- 8.S. Lang, Real and Functional Analysis. 3rd Edition, Springer-Verlag New York, 1993.Google Scholar
- 9.L. Paunonen and S. Pohjolainen, Output regulation of distributed parameter systems with time-periodic exosystems. In Proceedings of the Mathematical Theory of Networks and Systems, Budapest, Hungary (2010), 1637-1644.Google Scholar
- 10.A. Pazy, Semigroups of Linear Operators and Applications to Partial Differential Equations. Springer-Verlag New York, 1983.Google Scholar