Schatten-von Neumann Estimates for Resolvent Differences of Robin Laplacians on a Half-space
The difference of the resolvents of two Laplacians on a half-space subject to Robin boundary conditions is studied.In general this difference is not compact, but it will be shown that it is compact and even belongs to some Schatten-von Neumann class, if the coefficients in the boundary condition are sufficiently close to each other in a proper sense.I n certain cases the resolvent difference is shown to belong even to the same Schatten-von Neumann class as it is known for the resolvent difference of two Robin Laplacians on a domain with a compact boundary.
KeywordsRobin Laplacian Schatten-von Neumann class non-selfadjoint operator quasi-boundary triple.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R.A. Adams and J.J.F. Fournier, Sobolev Spaces, 2nd edition, Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 140, Elsevier/Academic Press, Amsterdam, 2003.Google Scholar
- 3.J. Behrndt and M. Langer, Elliptic operators, Dirichlet-to-Neumann maps and quasi boundary triples, to appear in London Math. Soc. Lecture Note Series.Google Scholar
- 5.J. Behrndt, M. Langer, and V. Lotoreichik, Spectral estimates for resolvent differences of self-adjoint elliptic operators, submitted, preprint, arXiv:1012.4596.Google Scholar
- 6.M. Sh. Birman, Perturbations of the continuous spectrum of a singular elliptic operator by varying the boundary and the boundary conditions, Vestnik Leningrad. Univ. 17 (1962), 22-55 (in Russian); translated in Amer. Math. Soc. Transl. 225 (2008), 19-53.Google Scholar
- 7.M.Sh. Birman and M.Z. Solomjak, Asymptotic behavior of the spectrum of variational problems on solutions of elliptic equations in unbounded domains, Funktsional. Anal. i Prilozhen. 14 (1980), 27-35 (in Russian); translated in Funct. Anal. Appl. 14 (1981),267-274.Google Scholar
- 15.I.C. Gohberg and M.G. Kreĭn, Introduction to the Theory of Linear Nonselfadjoint Operators, Transl. Math. Monogr., vol. 18., Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 1969.Google Scholar
- 19.G. Grubb, Distributions and Operators, Springer, 2009.Google Scholar
- 22.M. Hansmann, An eigenvalue estimate and its application to non-selfadjoint Jacobi and Schrödinger operators, to appear in Lett. Math. Phys., doi: 10.1007/s11005-011-0494-9.Google Scholar
- 23.D. Haroske and H. Triebel, Distributions, Sobolev Spaces, Elliptic Equations, EMS Textbooks in Mathematics, European Mathematical Society, Zürich, 2008.Google Scholar
- 27.M.M. Malamud and H. Neidhardt, Sturm-Liouville boundary value problems with operator potentials and unitary equivalence, preprint, arXiv:1102.3849.Google Scholar
- 29.B. Simon, Trace Ideals and their Applications, Second Edition, Mathematical Surveys and Monographs 120. Providence, RI: American Mathematical Society (AMS), 2005.Google Scholar