Maximal Lp-regularity for a 2D Fluid-Solid Interaction Problem
We study a coupled system of equations which appears as a suitable linearization of the model for the free motion of a rigid body in a Newtonian fluid in two space dimensions.F or this problem, we show maximal L p-regularity estimates.T he method rests on a suitable reformulation of the problem as the question of invertibility of a bounded operator on W 1, p(0, T;;ℝ3).
KeywordsRigid body in a fluid maximal regularity Stokes equations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Amann, Linear and Quasilinear Parabolic Problems. Vol. I, Birkhäuser, 1995.Google Scholar
- 8.G.P. Galdi, On the motion of a rigid body in a viscous liquid: a mathematical analysis with applications. Handbook of mathematical fluid dynamics, Vol. I, North-Holland, 2002, 653-791.Google Scholar
- 9.G.P. Galdi and A.L. Silvestre, Strong solutions to the problem of motion of a rigid body in a Navier-Stokes liquid under the action of prescribed forces and torques. Nonlinear Problems in Mathematical Physics and Related Topics I, Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, 2002, 121-144.Google Scholar
- 10.M. Geißert, K. Götze, and M. Hieber, Lp-theory for strong solutions to fluid rigid-body interaction in Newtonian and generalized Newtonian fluids. Trans. Amer. Math. Soc., to appear.Google Scholar
- 11.M. Geißert, H. Heck, M. Hieber, and O. Sawada, Weak Neumann implies Stokes.J. Reine Angew. Math., to appear.Google Scholar
- 16.H. Triebel. Interpolation Theory, Function Spaces, Differential Operators. Johann Ambrosius Barth, 1995.Google Scholar