Curvature Invariant and Generalized Canonical Operator Models – I
One can view contraction operators given by a canonical model of Sz.-Nagy and Foias as being defined by a quotient module where the basic building blocks are Hardy spaces.I n this note we generalize this framework to allow the Bergman and weighted Bergman spaces as building blocks, but restricting attention to the case in which the operator obtained is in the Cowen-Douglas class and requiring the multiplicity to be one.W e view the classification of such operators in the context of complex geometry and obtain a complete classification up to unitary equivalence of them in terms of their associated vector bundles and their curvatures.
KeywordsCowen-Douglas class Sz.-Nagy-Foias model operator curvature resolutions of Hilbert modules
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.R.G. Douglas, C. Foias, and J. Sarkar, Resolutions of Hilbert modules and similarity, Journal of Geometric Analysis, to appear.Google Scholar
- 6.R.G. Douglas, Y. Kim, H. Kwon, and J. Sarkar, Curvature invariant and generalized canonical operator models - II, in preparation.Google Scholar
- 8.R.G. Douglas, G. Misra, and J. Sarkar, Contractive Hilbert modules and their dilations over natural function algebras, Israel Journal of Math, to appear.Google Scholar
- 9.R.G. Douglas and V.I. Paulsen, Hilbert Modules over Function Algebras, Research Notes in Mathematics Series, 47, Longman, Harlow, 1989.Google Scholar
- 10.G. Polya, How to Solve It: A New Aspect of Mathematical Method, Princeton University Press, Princeton, 1944.Google Scholar
- 14.K. Zhu, Operator Theory in Function Spaces, Mathematical Surveys and Monographs, 138, American Mathematical Society, Providence, 2007.Google Scholar