Two-Window Spectrograms and Their Integrals
We analyze in this paper some basic properties of two-window spectrograms, introduced in a previous work. This is achieved by the analysis of their kernel, in view of their immersion in the Cohen class of time-frequency representations. Further we introduce weighted averages of two-window spectrograms depending on varying window functions. We show that these new integrated representations improve some features of both the classical Rihaczek representation and the two-window spectrogram which in turns can be viewed as limit cases of them.
KeywordsTime-frequency representation Rihaczek representation two-window spectrogram
Mathematics Subject Classification (2000)Primary 42B10 47A07 33C05
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P. Boggiatto, G. De Donno and A. Oliaro, Time-frequency representations of Wigner type and pseudo-differential operators, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. to appear.Google Scholar
- L. Cohen, Time-Frequency Analysis, Prentice-Hall, 1995.Google Scholar
- L. Cohen, The uncertainty principle for the short-time Fourier transform, Proc. Int. Soc. Opt. Eng. 2563 (1995), 80–90.Google Scholar
- G. B. Folland, Harmonic Analysis in Phase Space, Princeton University Press, 1989.Google Scholar
- K. Gröchenig, Foundations of Time-Frequency Analysis, Birkhäuser, 2001.Google Scholar
- A. J.E. M. Janssen, Positivity and spread of bilinear time-frequency distributions, in: Theory and Applications in Signal Processing, Editors: W. Mecklenbräuker and F. Hlawatsch, Elsevier, 1997, 1–58.Google Scholar
- G. Kaiser, A Friendly Guide to Wavelets, Birkhäuser, 1994.Google Scholar
- M. P. Lamoureux and G. F. Margrave, An introduction to numerical methods of pseudo-differential operators, in Pseudo-Differential Operators, Quantization and Signals, Lecture Notes in Mathematics 1949, Springer-Verlag, 2008, 79–133.Google Scholar
- M. W. Wong, Weyl Transforms, Springer-Verlag, 1998.Google Scholar
- M. W. Wong, Wavelet Transforms and Localization Operators, Birkhäuser, 2002.Google Scholar