Boundary Value Problems with the Transmission Property
We give a survey on the calculus of (pseudo-differential) boundary value problems with the transmision property at the boundary, and ellipticity in the Shapiro—Lopatinskij sense. A part from the original results of the work of Boutet de Monvel we present an approach based on the ideas of the edge calculus. In a final section we introduce symbols with the anti-transmission property.
KeywordsPseudo-differential boundary value problems transmission and anti-transmission property boundary symbolic calculus Shapiro-Lopatinskij ellipticity parametrices
Mathematics Subject Classification (2000)35J40 58J32 58J40
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. F. Atiyah and R. Bott, The index problem for manifolds with boundary, in Differential Analysis, Oxford University Press, 1964, 175–186.Google Scholar
- Ju. V. Egorov and B.-W. Schulze, Pseudo-Differential Operators, Singularities, Applications, Operator Theory: Advances and Applications, 93, Birkhäuser, 1997.Google Scholar
- G. I. Eskin, Boundary Value Problems for Elliptic Pseudodifferential Equations, Math. Monographs 52, American Mathematical Society, 1980.Google Scholar
- G. Grubb, Functional Calculus of Pseudo-Differential Boundary Problems, Birkhäuser, 1996.Google Scholar
- G. Harutyunyan and B.-W. Schulze, Elliptic Mixed, Transmission and Singular Crack Problems, European Mathematical Society, 2008.Google Scholar
- D. Kapanadze and B.-W. Schulze, Crack Theory and Edge Singularities, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2003.Google Scholar
- S. Rempel and B.-W. Schulze, Index Theory of Elliptic Boundary Problems, Akademie-Verlag, 1982.Google Scholar
- B.-W. Schulze, Pseudo-Differential Operators on Manifolds with Singularities, North-Holland, 1991.Google Scholar
- B.-W. Schulze, Pseudo-Differential Boundary Value Problems, Conical Singularities, and Asymptotics, Akademie Verlag, 1994.Google Scholar
- B.-W. Schulze, Boundary Value Problems and Singular Pseudo-Differential Operators, Wiley, 1998.Google Scholar
- B.-W. Schulze, Operator algebras with symbol hierarchies on manifolds with singularities, in Advances in Partial Differential Equations (Approaches to Singular Analysis), Editors: J. Gil, D. Grieser and M. Lesch, Operator Theory: Advances and Applications Birkhäuser, 2001, 167–207.Google Scholar