Factorization Algorithm for Some Special Non-rational Matrix Functions
We construct an algorithm that allows us to determine an effective generalized factorization of a special class of matrix functions. We use the same algorithm to analyze the spectrum of a self-adjoint operator which is related to the obtained generalized factorization.
KeywordsGeneralized factorization inner function algorithm
Mathematics Subject Classification (2000)Primary 47A68 Secondary 47A10
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M.J. Ablowitz and P.A. Clarkson, Solitons, Nonlinear Evolution Equations and Inverse Scattering, London Mathematical Society: Lecture Note Series 149, Cambridge University Press, 1991.Google Scholar
- A.C. Conceição and V.G. Kravchenko, About explicit factorization of some classes of non-rational matrix functions, Mathematische Nachrichten 280, No. 9–10, (2007), 1022–1034.Google Scholar
- A.C. Conceição and V.G. Kravchenko, Factorization algorithm for some special matrix functions, Operator Theory: Advances and Applications, Birkhäuser Verlag 181 (2008), 173–185.Google Scholar
- A.C. Conceição, V.G. Kravchenko, and F.S. Teixeira, Factorization of matrix functions and the resolvents of certain operators, Operator Theory: Advances and Applications, Birkhäuser Verlag 142 (2003), 91–100.Google Scholar
- A.C. Conceição, V.G. Kravchenko, and F.S. Teixeira, Factorization of some classes of matrix functions and the resolvent of a Hankel operator in Factorization, Singular Operators and Related Problems, Kluwer Academic Publishers (2003), 101–110.Google Scholar
- T. Ehrhardt, and F.-O. Speck, Transformation techniques towards the factorization of non-rational 2×2 matrix functions, Linear Algebra and its applications 353 (2002), 53–90.Google Scholar
- I. Feldman, I. Gohberg, and N. Krupnik, An explicit factorization algorithm, Integral Equations and Operator Theory, 49 (2004), 149–164.Google Scholar
- V.G. Kravchenko, R.C. Marreiros, and J.S. Rodriguez, On an estimate for the number of solutions of the generalized Riemann boundary value problem with shift in Differential and Difference Equations and Applications, Hindawi Publishing Corporation, (2006), 605–615.Google Scholar
- G.S. Litvinchuk and I.M. Spitkovskii, Factorization of Measurable Matrix Functions, Operator Theory: Advances and Applications 25, Birkhäuser Verlag, Basel, 1987.Google Scholar
- N.K. Nikol’skiï, Treatise on the Shift Operator. Spectral Function Theory, Grundlehren der mathematischen Wissenschaften 273, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1986.Google Scholar