Almost Periodic Polynomial Factorization of Some Triangular Matrix Functions
Explicit factorization formulas are established for triangular almost periodic matrix functions with trinomial off diagonal terms in the so-called borderline cases. An application to a more general configuration via the Portuguese transformation also is given.
KeywordsAlmost periodic matrix functions factorization Portuguese transformation
Mathematics Subject Classification (2000)Primary 47A68 Secondary 42A75
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M.A. Bastos, Yu.I. Karlovich, I.M. Spitkovsky, and P.M. Tishin, On a new algorithm for almost periodic factorization, Recent progress in operator theory (Regensburg, 1995) (I. Gohberg, R. Mennicken, and C. Tretter, eds.), Operator Theory: Advances and Applications, vol. 103, Birkhäuser Verlag, Basel and Boston, 1998, pp. 53–74.Google Scholar
- A. Böttcher, Yu.I. Karlovich, and I.M. Spitkovsky, Convolution operators and factorization of almost periodic matrix functions, Operator Theory: Advances and Applications, vol. 131, Birkhäuser Verlag, Basel and Boston, 2002.Google Scholar
- M.C. Câmara, Yu.I. Karlovich, and I.M. Spitkovsky, Almost periodic factorization of some triangular matrix functions, Operator Theory: Advances and Applications, vol. 190, Birkhâuser Verlag, Basel and Boston, 2009, pp. 171–190.Google Scholar
- I.P. Cornfeld, S.V. Fomin, and Ya.G. Sinaî, Ergodic theory, Grundlehren der Mathematischen Wissenschaften [Fundamental Principles of Mathematical Sciences], vol. 245, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1982, Translated from the Russian by A. B. Sosinskiî.Google Scholar
- A. Rastogi, L. Rodman, and I.M. Spitkovsky, Almost periodic factorization of 2 × 2 matrix functions: New cases of off diagonal spectrum, Operator Theory: Advances and Applications 202, Birkhäuser Verlag, Basel and Boston, 2010, pp. 469–487 (this volume).Google Scholar