Research on Design Method of Color Matching in Commanding Cabin Based on Color Perception
- 5 Downloads
This study was aimed at effectively improving the interior comfortability of color ambience inside a command cabin, for which it proposed a color-perception-based command cabin interior color combination scheme that allows the interior color combination to suit the cabin crews’ psychological and physiological characteristics, hence improving their efficiency in operation and protecting their physical and mental health. To begin with, before any color combination procedures were carried out, samples of command cabins were collected, and correlation analysis was performed based on the samples’ color and morphological characteristics to determine the degree of similarity among the samples. The degrees of similarity obtained were then used to filter and narrow the samples down to a few typical representatives. Next, chart analysis techniques were adopted in combination with the Lab and HSB color models to determine the constituent Lab and HSB parameters of the samples. Then, starting from the target color image, quantitative analysis was performed from the perspectives of color linguistics and color ergonomics to quantify the color features and the moods of the cabin crews in relation to the color ambience, as represented by the data available. Furthermore, the thought process that led to the proposed command cabin interior color combination scheme and the parameter selection ranges were summarized from the aspects of harmony, stability, warmth, and functionality. The proposed interior color combination scheme was then applied to a particular command cabin for verification, and the resulting evaluation suggested that the proposed scheme was feasible, and can hence be used as a reference for interior color combination schemes of similar command cabin cases in the future.
KeywordsColor perception Color module Commanding cabin Design of color
This study is supported by the Youth Program of National Natural Science Foundation of China (Project No. 51905407).
- 1.Zhang, X.-Z., Wu, Y.-S., Zhao, T.-L.: The protection and camouflage design of Shelter C4l system. Fire Control Command Control 38(08), 141–143 + 147 (2013)Google Scholar
- 2.Hu, X.-F., Ling, B., Tang, H.-Q.: Method for chromatic design in living quarters of ship. Chin. J. Ship Res. 7(01), 52–56 (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Li, X.-L.: Product color design. Packag. Eng. 37(06), 155–158 + 163 (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Zhou, D.: Color analysis in cabin design. Liaoning High. Vocat. Tech. Inst. J. 12(12), 79–80 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhang, J.-L.: Research on the Style Construction of Series Level Cabin Environment. Harbin Engineering University (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Li, Z., Ding, M., Yu, H., Shi, F., Dai, S.: Principles of color matching for ship cabins based on color psychology and ergonomics. Ship Eng. 37(S1), 203–205 + 260 (2015)Google Scholar
- 7.Research on ergonomics analysis method of cockpit color and lighting visual of Zhou Ye. Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi’an (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Chen, C.: Research on Applying Color Aesthetics to Mobile Phone Design. National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan (2005)Google Scholar