Collaboration Network Creation and Utilization in a Digital Bioeconomy Ecosystem
- 1.1k Downloads
Networked collaboration between industry, research institutes, the public sector and consumers forms an ecosystem for the development of new technological solutions for areas requiring multidisciplinary knowledge and capabilities. The goal of this paper is to present the “Bioeconomy 4.0” research and development ecosystem for developing digital solutions for monitoring, analyzing and interpreting data collected from bioeconomical processes. The ecosystem includes research and development institutions and activities, academic institutions, industrial actors from food production chains, the public sector and also consumers. The main focus of the paper lies in the creation and deployment of new multidisciplinary knowledge in networked collaboration between ecosystem stakeholders.
KeywordsKnowledge creation Ecosystem Bioeconomy Collaboration networks
The research and development work for creation of the Bioeconomy 4.0 framework has been funded by the Ministry of Education and Culture (Finland), and Häme University of Applied Sciences.
- 1.Morrar, R., Arman, H., Mousa, S.: The fourth industrial revolution (Industry 4.0): a social innovation perspective. Technol. Innov. Manag. Rev. 7, 12–20 (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.Bäck, I., Kohtamäki, M.: Boundaries of R&D collaboration. Technovation (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Chesbrough, H.W.: The era of open innovation. MIT Sloan Manag. Rev. 127, 35–42 (2003)Google Scholar
- 9.Kunttu, L., Neuvo, Y.: Balancing learning and knowledge protection in university-industry collaborations. Learn. Organ. 26 (2018)Google Scholar
- 10.Bellini, E., Piroli, G., Pennacchio, L.: Collaborative know-how and trust in university-industry collaborations: empirical evidence from ICT firms. J. Technol. Transf. 44, 1–25 (2018)Google Scholar