Fuzzy Adaptive Dynamic Surface Control for Omnidirectional Robot
- 5 Downloads
This paper proposes a new controller for the four-wheeled Omni robot (FWOR) based on dynamic surface control (DSC). DSC algorithm is constructed from sliding mode control and backstepping technique, it has advantages of both the above typical mechanism and avoids their drawbacks. The coefficients that affect speed toward zero of the sliding surface are adjusted by the Fuzzy logic controller. The fuzzy inference rules are established by the tracking error signal and its derivative. The effectiveness of the new algorithm is shown through simulations.
This research was funded by Project “Research, Design And Manufacturing Smart Human-Form IVASTBot Robot Applied In Communication And Serving Human” coded VAST01.01/20-21 implemented by the Institute of Physics, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology.
- 1.Huang, L., Lim, Y., Li, D., Teoh, C.E.: Design and analysis of a four-wheel omnidirectional mobile robot. In: 2nd International Conference of Autonomous Robots and Agents, pp. 425–428 (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.de Oliveira, H.F.P., de Sousa, A.J.M., Moreira, A.P.G.M., da Costa, P.J.C.G.: Precise modeling of a four wheeled omni-directional robot. In: Proceedings of the 8th Conference on Autonomous Robot Systems and Competitions (2008)Google Scholar
- 3.Zeng, Z., Lu, H., Zheng, Z.: High-speed trajectory tracking based on model predictive control for omni-directional mobile robots. In: 2013 25th Chinese Control and Decision Conference (CCDC), pp. 3179–3184. IEEE (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Ahmed, I., Al-Ammri, A.S.: Control of omni-directional mobile robot motion. Al-Khwarizmi Eng. J. 6(4), 1–9 (2010)Google Scholar
- 6.Wang, T.-Y., Tsai, C.-C., Wang, D.A.: Dynamic control of an omnidirectional mobile platform. J. Nan Kai 7, 9–18 (2010)Google Scholar
- 7.Wu, X.-B., Chen, Z., Chen, W.-B., Wang, W.-K.: Research on the design of educational robot with four-wheel omni-direction chassis. J. Comput. 29(4), 284–294 (2018)Google Scholar
- 8.Hashemi, E., Jadidi, M.G., Babarsad, O.B.: Trajectory planning optimization with dynamic modeling of four wheeled omni-directional mobile robots. In: 2009 IEEE International Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Robotics and Automation-(CIRA), pp. 272–277. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- 10.Peñaloza-Mejía, O., Márquez-Martínez, L.A., Alvarez, J., Villarreal-Cervantes, M.G., García-Hernández, R.: Motion control design for an omnidirectional mobile robot subject to velocity constraints. Math. Probl. Eng. (2015)Google Scholar
- 11.Cui, Q.Z., Li, X., Wang, X.K., Zhang, M.: Backstepping control design on the dynamics of the omni-directional mobile robot. In: Applied Mechanics and Materials, vol. 203, pp. 51–56. Trans Tech Publ (2012)Google Scholar
- 14.Kim, D.-H.T., Manh, T.-N., Van Bach, N.-P., Duc, T.-P.: Trajectory tracking control for omnidirectional mobile robots using direct adaptive neural network dynamic surface controller. In: 2019 First International Symposium on Instrumentation, Control, Artificial Intelligence, and Robotics (ICA-SYMP), pp. 127–130. IEEE (2019)Google Scholar
- 17.Zhang, Q.-Y., Li, D., Pei, W.-J., Jia, Y.-M.: A TSK fuzzy model and adaptive sliding-mode controller design for four-Mecanum-wheel omni-directional mobile free-bases. In: 2015 Chinese Automation Congress (CAC), pp. 1862–1867. IEEE (2015)Google Scholar